My Retro Closet
Gift Voucher - £50
£ 40.00 £ 50.00
Welcome to the My Retro Closet ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ page, where you should find all the answers to my most asked queries.
Why do Handmade by My Retro Closet items take so long?
Simply, I'm a one woman business! I cut each item from scratch sew each piece myself. To keep things fair, I sew all orders chronologically.
What payment methods do you use?
- I accept Paypal payments & Shopify payments, which accepts all major credit cards.
How do I refund or exchange an item?
- Handmade by My Retro Closet items are handmade to order and returns will not be accepted. Please check my size guide before ordering or contact me if you have any queries.
- Please read the terms and conditions on the ‘Returns Policy’ page.
Where are you based? Will you ship to me?
- My Retro Closet is based in Shropshire, England & ships worldwide. Please check my ‘Delivery’ page for all information on shipping and prices etc.
Do you do custom sizes for the Handmade by My Retro Closet range?
Yes! I currently offer one standard size in my nightwear range and up to a size XL in briefs. I will always be more than happy to see if I can provide you with a custom size. Custom sizes will be charged extra as appropriate.
Unfortunately I do not currently offer custom sizes in the Handmade by My Retro Closet bra range.
Do you do custom colour ways for the Handmade by My Retro Closet range?
Yes! I currently offer a selection of my nightwear range in my ‘Custom Nightwear Handmade by My Retro Closet’ shopping section, where you can design your own colour way from a selection of chiffon and trimming colours. However, if there is a particular colour you are after, I will be more than happy to see if I can make your lingerie dreams come true.
Is everything on the site handmade by you?
No. I sell a range of the UK’s finest vintage inspired lingerie brands, you can find out how their lingerie is produced through their own sites. All items in the Handmade by My Retro Closet range are handmade from scratch by me, from design and pattern making to sewing.
Help! I need a handmade piece FAST, can you help?
Please do contact me if you have a lingerie emergency and depending on fabric stocks & the order queue I will always see what I can do for you.
Do you gift wrap?
All My Retro Closet purchases are loving wrapped in my signature packaging and won’t include any prices. So basically all orders are treated as gifts!
Do you sell wholesale?
No. I stock a range of brands which you need to enquire about wholesale through them. The Handmade by My Retro Closet range is made exclusive to My Retro Closet and you won’t find it anywhere else in the world.
When will you be getting *insert chosen lingerie item* back in stock?
Being the small independent business that this is, I am not able to restock items particularly fast or at request. I try my best to buy more of the best selling items, but please understand most brands will have minimum order requirements which I can’t always meet. Plus this business is still very new, learning and always growing and I appreciate your patience.
Still have a burning question? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- UK £4.00
- Europe £10.00
- Rest of World £14.00
- Worldwide shipping is FREE on all orders over £100.00, no code, the offer is applied automatically.
Ready to ship:
Orders entirely consisting of ready to ship items will be processed & posted within 1 - 5 business days from the date of purchase.
Handmade by My Retro Closet:
- All items from the Handmade by My Retro Closet range are hand made to order by me in my home studio in the UK.
- Orders are added to a queue, and made accordingly by date.
- Orders may take anywhere between 2 to 6 weeks before shipping, depending where your order stands. In busy periods such as Christmas, sales & Valentine's Day expect your handmade order to take the full 6 weeks.
- If you want to know the status of your handmade order, please contact me with your order number & name and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
- You will receive a confirmation email & tracking number when your order has been shipped.
- Orders consisting of a mixture of handmade and branded items will be subject to the potential 2 to 6 weeks waiting period.
I only offer one option of postage for within the UK & abroad. I believe these are the most secure and efficient services suited to my customers.
- Within the UK: Royal Mail 1st Class Signed For.
- Outside of the UK: Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed For.
- All orders will receive a unique barcode which can be tracked through the Royal Mail website. You'll receive this when your order is fulfilled.
- You will be responsible for all customs duties or tariffs incurred in the country to which the products are shipped.
- Your order may be subject to delay or be opened and searched by local customs authorities when entering the destination country.
- I cannot guarantee how long a package will take to arrive.
- No packages will be marked as 'Gift'.
- By purchasing from My Retro Closet, you agree to this.
- Royal Mail First Class Mail aims to deliver items within 1-3 working days in the UK.
- 3–5 working days in Europe
- 7–14 working days in the USA and Canada
- 6–12 working days elsewhere.
Please note that I cannot guarantee how long a package will take to arrive; the postal services in the UK and abroad may be affected by circumstances beyond my control, e.g. weather, strikes and national holidays.
- Packaging is discreet without any branding or logo, but our purple parcels are becoming a recognisable trait! Inside, your purchase will be lovingly wrapped with our signature lilac tissue paper and branded stickers, along with occasional promotional codes and sneak previews of future products or information.
- All orders delivered outside the EU require a customs declaration form when posting which, legally, needs to include a description of the goods inside.
- No items include prices.
Handmade by My Retro Closet items are handmade to order and returns will not be accepted. Please check my size guide before ordering or contact me if you have any queries. I will be happy to help!
- All sales are final. Cancellations will not be granted due to a change of mind.
- Due to the nature of lingerie being worn so close to the body My Retro Closet is unable to accept returns on worn underwear due to hygiene regulations.
- In the rare occasion if your order has arrive damaged please contact me immediately.
Are you having trouble deciding on a gift for your special someone? Well don't worry, let them decide with a My Retro Closet gift voucher, the perfect present for any occasion.
The unique voucher code can be used across everything on our website and is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase.
Available in £15, £25, £50 and £100.